Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Travellers Necklace

I thought I’d start with my Travellers necklace.  I go to a silversmithing class and Adele my teacher has an amazing stash of stones.  I’d been coveting this picture jasper cabochon for a while but it is quite large and so was reasonably pricey.  But as luck would have it, Adele got her stone stash out on my birthday and I naturally decided to treat myself.  It is a lovely stone – like a Chinese painting - I see three people starting out on a trip through the mountains to a castle on a hill.  What do you see?  I didn’t want to distract from the stone so I kept the setting fairly simple, just with some added interest with the toggle at the front rather than the back.  

Sterling Silver and Picture Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment