Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Evolution pendant

Well, I’d love to tell you how I carefully thought about and planned this design but that would be a big, fat lie - it just kind of evolved!  I was reticulated a piece of silver and for some reason this large air bubble appeared.  After scratching my head for a while, I realised that it kind of matched the shape of this dichroic glass cabochon that I made in a workshop (at the same time as this one) with Jo at the Silver Forge.  So I domed the reticulated silver and soldered on the setting for the cabochon.  Since I was in an experimental mood I tried a different bail too.  My friend said ‘oh, this is one of your abstract pieces’ which I think is her polite way of saying she doesn’t much like it.  But the shape appeals to me – what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment