Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Shard Necklace

A very happy new year to you!

For as long as I can remember my mum has had a collection of those intriguing little shards of pottery that turn up when you are digging in the garden – and I’ve picked up the habit from her.  I’ve also found a beach near where I live where you can find pottery shards.  I think there was a ferry that came up onto that beach many years ago - lots of cups of tea must have been drunk to celebrate reaching shore again!!

I’ve never really known why I’ve collected those shards – I just did it because my mum did – but now I’ve found something to do with them….


(Sterling Silver, Ceramic shards dug up in my garden, Resin and Glass Seed Beads)

I gave this to my mum for Christmas.  

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I bet your Mum loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Rebecca. I think she was pleased - she put it on straight away!

    ReplyDelete