Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Bead Soup

My bead soup has arrived from Italy!  The recipe is.......

.....take a focal and a clasp....


....stir in some tibetan silver hearts, beads and elements inspired by nature......


...add a generous scoop of bead caps.....


...mix in some crystals, glass beads and mother of pearl.....



....and let it simmer until the 13th April.....

I'm very grateful to Jò for her generous bead soup.  I'm excited to get started with it.  There are things that I haven't tried using before but that is a big part of the fun of the Bead Soup Blog Party - you get to push yourself outside your comfort zone and try something new.  Please come back on the 13th April to see what I make with my bead soup.  

********Update: my reveal date has been postponed until the 27th April.  Poor Lori, who organises Bead Soup, hasn't been well recently and needs a bit of extra time to deal with the mammoth task of organising the Bead Soup Blog Party.  Get well soon Lori! 

Jò also sent me some lovely gifts - aren't I lucky?  The hair grips are gorgeous and she also sent me one of her fold-formed copper focals.  I haven't tried fold-forming yet - and after seeing what Jò has done I think I'm going to give it a try.  


Finally, I should say that my bead soup arrived a few days ago and I apologise for not putting these photos on my blog until now.  I've badly sprained my ankle and that has slowed me down somewhat this week.  I have a bay window in my house which is where I take my photos.  It is good because it has light coming in from three sides and it also has a really wide window sill for setting up the photographs.  However, the sill is quite high up so I need to stand up to be able to take the photograph - which has been a bit tricky with my sprained ankle!


No comments:

Post a Comment